This article was forwarded to me. It is packed full of good advice on how to handle yourself online. The importance of heeding that advice is also explained. Here are some statistics.
- 3 in 4 have witnessed an argument on social media
- 4 in 5 report rising incivility on social media
- 2 in 5 have unsubscribed, blocked or unfriended someone as a result
- 1 in 5 have reduced in-person contact with someone over a cyber argument
- 88% believe people are less polite on social media than in person (Don’t say I didn’t tell you so!!)
- 81% say emotional conversations held on social media are most often unresolved
It doesn’t need to be this way. Try sitting across a table instead of behind your laptop for starters. Think before you type. It’s mostly common sense, but read the article for plenty of other excellent advice.